At Barton Mills Recruitment, we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. Barton Mills Recruitment complies with the Privacy Laws and the National Privacy Principles as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality. A copy of the National Privacy Principles to which Barton Mills Recruitment complies, can be obtained from http://www.privacy.gov.au/publications/npps01.pdf
This Privacy Statement explains how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use and disclose that information.
What your Personal Information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you. It may range from the very sensitive (eg: medical history) to the everyday (eg: address details). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connections with your possible work placements.
The type of personal information we collect or hold
The personal information we collect is personal information related to the practice of recruitment, including:
- The personal information collected in the course of the recruitment process including information collected and recorded from the practice of reference checking.
- All personal information that is normally required to be transferred between an employee and an employer in the context of an employment relationship.
We only seek to collect sensitive information when it is necessary for a client assignment. In such cases, we would only do so with your (the candidate) consent, or if required by law.
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information to provide our clients with
- A comprehensive understanding of your skills and experience.
- An independent verification of your skills and experience.
- An assessment of your suitability for a position we are seeking to fill on our client’s behalf.
Why we hold personal information
We hold your personal information for the following purposes:
- The production of an assessment for a client for a position we are seeking to fill on their behalf.
- An assessment of suitability for a position that may become available in the future.
- Industry research and analysis.
How your information will be collected.
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you speak with or attend an interview with a Barton Mills employee.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We complete reference checks on you (from the list of referees you have supplied).
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test.
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace.
- We receive a response from a job advertisement – either written, verbal or email.
- You provide us with any additional information about you.
How your personal information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment
- Follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work
- Ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits or fulfilling legal requirements.
How we disclose personal information
Sometimes we will ask you (the candidate) to consent to a disclosure of your personal information to clients. We may do so in writing, over the phone, or on our website. At other times, where you have indicated to us that you wish to be considered for positions generally or within certain parameters, your consent will be taken as given.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Barton Mills Recruitment
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A workers compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
We will advise you of our intentions and gain consent before we refer your personal information to our clients for possible work opportunities.
If you do not provide us with the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to locate and place you in suitable work.
Security of your personal information
Generally your personal information is held in a computerized database which requires a log in and password to gain access. Access to the database is only available to those who require such access. Through physical and technological security measures, Barton Mills Recruitment endevours to provide protection for all personal information it holds, from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure.
How do you obtain access to your personal information
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you and what we hold
If you would like access to your personal information, you can make an application in writing to Barton Mills Recruitment.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 200 provides that a company may require the applicant to meet the reasonable costs of providing this access. Barton Mills does not charge for this service at this stage.
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact
Phone: 02 9262 5544